Hoa Pham

Sunday, December 25, 2005

native indian magic

I've been reading a book on native indian magic- and it makes me see my life and synchronicity in a different way. This book "spirits of the earth" by bobby lake-thom talks about how to discover your spirit animal and how nature talks to yo9u when you discover feathers, dead bodies or see birds and other animals on your travels. one of my spirit animals I think is the cockatoo, I use to encounter cockatoo feathers all the time when I was writing Spirit- a post nuclear war story set in Australia where people have animal spirits (shadow spirits), one of the lead characters had a cockatoo as his animal spirit. I don't know whwere I picked up the fox from except reading in a feminist mythology anthology that the fox fairy was one of the few female asian spirits that was strong. That is one of my seedling ideas to sort out a range of female asian archetypes in myth so there is something to draw on apart from your anglo celtic archetypews of women, But I don't know enough yet, maybe when I have the patience I'll research this some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home