Hoa Pham

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Haunting

I went to the ASAL conference in Perth a couple of weeks ago- and it was really inspiring. The theme was Ghosts, Shadows, Screens and Sceptres- which all comes up in my own work. The talk that has stuck with me was one by Gail Jones who talked about haunting and how in relation to Aboriginal history there are some wounds that we cannot get closure on and we should remain haunted by them as the ethical thing to do.
My own writing is going well. I have to update my website and put on it the HEAT issue that I'm published in (number eleven). The launch was crowded in a shop called "Sticky" but had an underground ambience to it since it was in a subway under Flinders St station it was very appropriate for an issue featuring zines!
I will be doing a guest lecture at the University of Woolongong on Monday August 15th as part of their diasporic literature subject. Their theme is postcolonial ghosts- again very appropriate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home