Hoa Pham

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Vietnamese literature conference

Long Pham from the Gioi has told me about a literature conference that is being held tomorrow and Saturday. Tomorrow it is impossible to go he has been informed but I'm going on Saturday and praying that most of it will be in English (it is co hosted by Harvard so there's a good chance some papers will be in English).
If you are interested in the summaries here is the bookmark for some of the summaries of the papers in English- already what little reading I've done unwraps a whole world of literature that is inaccessible most of the time to us.

http://www.vienvanhoc.org.vn/reader/?id=142&menu=109

this one is about folktales and oral literature- very interesting to my work and even taps into Vietnamese archetypes! Those of you who can read Vietnamese can read all of the site and I'm envious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home