Hoa Pham

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

meeting up with Y Ban

I met up with Y Ban and her translator yesterday. She commented that my work was good and could get published here, and that what I wrote would have me thrown in jail 30 years ago (lol)! She also offered to get Vixen translated for $3000 US which upon consideration I don't think it's worth it unless I get a grant to do so. We had an interesting conversation about ghosts, she said that ghosts are living with us every day in Vietnam and that writers have too much freedom and not enough experience nowadays! I also went to a lecture by Huu Ngoc the author of "Wandering through Vietnamese Culture". It was very interesting and entertaining- though the Americans in the audience asked some really grating questions.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Ms Hoa!
    It's me, Yen! Ms Y Ban and I met you last time. Did you get my email? I sent you message by phone but seems that you didn't receive it. Please contact me at caohaiyen@yahoo.com!! I want to talk to you!

    By Blogger Alice, at 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home