Hoa Pham

Friday, January 19, 2007

women's museum

This morning went to the women's museum which had a temporary exhibition when it was renovating- called Memory of Time. It had objects and pictures from 1945-1975 showing women's contribution to the war. It moved me more than the military museum did, there were pictures of survivors of torture, women in the cages they used as jails, Buddhists on hunger strike and items such as mirrors and baskets used to smuggle documents in. I read Tim O'Brien's story "How to write a true war story" and he says if there is a moral it is not a true war story. I think that is so true. He said that war stories highlight the brilliance of life or some such- I think. I think he means it highlights the good things about life and peace. Or that's what I choose it to mean. I want to write a story about the woman who pretends to be mad to smuggle documents for the National Liberation Front- I've written a short version but I'll write a longer one when I'm not feeling so sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home