Hoa Pham

Monday, January 08, 2007

back at the bookworm

I'm back in Hanoi after a refreshing hot and cool stay at home. My new abode in the room above the bookworm is fantastic, and so are Rob and Truong my hosts.
So far I've been eating some interesting food- hot che with ginger and dumplings which is a clear desert soup with black sesame seeds which is really nice, and taiwaness porridge of all things- with ribs and beef. I've also been writing , wrote two short stories and started sketching the Silence project which I'm working on officially from March this year.
I've also been web surfing and came across what for me is the definitive piece on writing from Ursula le Guin titled "Steering the Craft". I have already discovered that my writing is about change and transformation and this article just confirms it. She also talks about how reductionist the conflict model is for writing stories.
http://www.ursulakleguin.com/SteeringCraft_57B.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home