Hoa Pham

Monday, November 27, 2006

writing process

While recovering from a fever have been reflecting on my writing process during this residency so far. I have produced about five to six short stories and have started the sequel to Vixen. I'm discovering more as I go along and I realise now that my ambition to have a completed manuscript in four months is a little ambitious. From my experiences so far in Vietnam and the different insights I have gained from a number of people- I want the finished work to be a distillation of what I have learnt in Vietnam. There is a lot lying beneath the surface of Vietnam and I want to be able to capture that. I'm also willing to give the work time to gestate- previously I have been driven by market forces to complete work- but I figure if Alexis Wright's work Carpentaria took four years (and it's brilliant) then I want to have those layers of depth in my work too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home