Hoa Pham

Monday, November 06, 2006

ethnic minorities

Last night went to the opening of the Danish fund for ethnic cultures at the ethnology museum. The Danish ambassador was there and we watched some dancing and singing from the Hmong people in pretty costumes- very romantic dancing with a boy and eight girls twirling parasols about. Also heard leaf singing- sort of like playing a gum leaf like you would at home- except a lot more tuneful I reckon! Unfortunately I didn't bring a camera so could not get pictures.

The postmodern avant garde music was terrible. Just drones of sound instead of music. I saw a good art exhibition at the Goethe Institute though and took back a magazine of art which is very interesting- including a piece by an artist whom had been imprisoned.

I wrote an article for the Monthly about the unusual culture of censorship here. If you're interested in reading it just let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home