Hoa Pham

Thursday, November 09, 2006

cool jazz

Have caught up with the ex patriate community in Hanoi. Met up with Dr Rose Moxham who is a previous Asialink resident whom gave me the lowdown on publishing in Hanoi. I also met Tuan a Vietnamese-English translator whom translated the Life Of Pi and Norwegian Wood into Vietnamese. I mentioned my work and other Vietnamese-Australians work to him and he suggested I contact Tien Ve- whose founder was refused admission to Vietnam last year! He's Australian. Rose put me in contact with the Bookworm, an english speaking bookshop and i'm hoping to maybe distribute Vixen through them. I was told they have trouble importing books still. I also caught up with the Hanoi Women's International Club- full of wives of ambassadors and government officials- met a few people I have things incommon with. The Aussie group are holding a morning tea to honour Mrs Howard- I may be going just to amuse myself!
Last night had cha ca with John and Virginia two Americans I met at the lit conference. We talked about life in Vietnam, Virginia teaches teachers English at the University and politics- they are pro-democrat. We also listened to some cool jazz at Minh's jazz bar-my first real nite out in Hanoi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home