Hoa Pham

Monday, December 11, 2006

having christmas in melbourne

Well it's at the halfway point of my residency and I've been reflecting on what I've achieved so far. I have collected about ten short stories to put in a collection and have started the sequel to Vixen. I have met with authors and translators and anthropologists- have been to two conferences- an author reading and dinner- and will be going to a len dong ceremony this afternoon! (spirit mediumship ritual courtesy of Kirsten Endres). Personally the biggest gain for me has been discovering the sangha for foreigners in Hanoi- it has helped me spiritually and emotionally- being here without Alister has been difficult. I have been to many temples and pagodas, and seen gorgeous scenery. When I come back I hope to meet the author of Beyond the Red Mist, live above the bookworm bookshop and make more progress on the sequel. Scribe publishing are interested in my work in Vietnam so in the new year I will send them some material. The residency has definitely been worthwhile but i'm still relieved that I'm going home for three weeks- a break from Hanoi traffic and seeing Alister is required right about now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home