Hoa Pham

Sunday, January 14, 2007

pottery and TV


Yesterday went to a pottery village Bac Tran (I think) and saw rows upon rows of pottery. We got to make some pots for ourselves- which was more difficult than I expected. Today the Gioi took us to VTV studios to see an interview with a professor from San Jose whom brought over 40 Vietnamese-American students to Vietnam to connect with their cultural roots. As a by the way thing, Mr Lam the director of the Gioi offered to translate some of my short stories and send them to Vietnamese literary journals- so I've sent him the three best ones from the collection I'm working on. I also met the Lady Botham who is a former ambassador to Vietnam and is very relaxed and casual- has excellent Vietnamese and has written her own account of what has happened in Vietnam. In the photo with this entry are the people I went to the pottery village with Tuan is the one in the yellow raincoat whom I met at meditation class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home